Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rachel D. Crouch Feature




Jones':
Initially, I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and sitting here and talking to me and doing this feature. So, who is Rachel Crouch? Let the people know who you are.

Crouch: Thanks for having me. Rachel Crouch is a young and talented artist who is ready to make a change in the world. I'm a teacher, an artist a friend...


Jones': When did you begin to paint and who/what influenced you to start painting?

Crouch: I began to paint at a young age. My mom is an artist so I was born with the gift. I started taking art classes when I was in the 6th grade.


Jones': What style would you consider your art?

Crouch: REALISM!! I am a realist. I love to paint portraits and I love painting pictures that feel real. I just got into painting abstract paintings...


Jones': When you first began to sell your art to the public what type of response did you get? Did your response exceed your expectations or was your response wasn't what you expected and if so how did it affect you?

Crouch: The response was definitely shocking! Especially with the Obama pieces. I think that’s when I realized that young people enjoyed art. My friends always encouraged me. Now im taking off… no looking back.


Jones': What other artist out there would you say your art is comparable to?

Crouch: My twin sister!!! Rebecca D. Crouch. She is an artist as well. I wouldn’t compare myself ot anyone else though.

Jones': I remember when I first saw your art. It was you pieces of president-elect Barack Obama and I was just amazed! I've seen a lot of art of Barack Obama but none like this and I must say that your pieces are my favorite. Especially the piece that has a bunch of newspapers the day after the election plastered together and you drawing his face over the entire medium in what I think was chalk. Was that particular piece draw a bunch of attention? How did you come about with the idea of doing that particular piece?

Crouch: Omg yes! You know originally I was only doing that piece for me. I wanted to do something creative with my newspaper. Then I put it on Facebook and got a crazy response. So I ran with it. I created different versions. They are hanging in HF Fine Art Gallery and BusBoys and Poets. I think that’s the piece that really got my name out there..

Jones': Not to get all political, but what do you think of Barack Obama?

Crouch: I think Obama represents HOPE!! And POWER!! And I also think he represents how much the world has changed.


Jones': I also saw some of your custom paintings for individuals who wanted a certain theme or vibe to their paintings. For instance, the custom paintings and/or drawings that you did for some people who were in a fraternity and/or sorority. How often do people approach you who wants a custom Rachel Crouch painting because I remember when I contacted you as soon as I saw your custom paintings.

Crouch: Very often. Sorority and fraternity paintings are always requested. I'm actually starting some now. I want to do each organization. The spring is coming up so I know people will enjoy those.


Jones': So, how can one go about in getting a custom Rachel Crouch painting or any of your art for that matter? How can you be contacted?

Crouch: They can definitely check out my website or hit me up. www.rachelcrouch.com or 7735622509

Jones': Well, once again I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule and doing this interview with me. Any shout outs?

Crouch: Of course! Shout out to Rebecca D. Crouch, my other half.. and the culture district, Charles Jean Pierre and Johnnie Bess.. all of these people are artist and have links on my website. SHOUT OUT TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES'!!!















For the Month of Black History, Rachel D. Crouch will be raffling off "History I". At the end of the month, a name will be selected and the winner will receive "History I". A portion of the proceeds will go to a non - profit organization selected at the end of the raffle. Please support and be a part of HISTORY!!! Watch the video below to find out more information. Checkout out Rachel in last week's feature CENTSLESS CLOTHING tee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment