Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My President Is Black



Today is a great day in the history books! Today Barack Obama officially became the first African-American president in United States history. It's crazy how the youth and the African-American race came together as a whole to make this day come true. I got a text message earlier that asked "Do you know why it is so cold today?" The answer was because people years ago said that it would be a cold day in hell when the United States of America have a Black president. I don't know about you but I feel like that there is nothing that we as African-American cannot do in any aspect. I feel like with Barack Obama becoming president that he just elevated the entire race and that we as African-Americans shouldn't bring that down by any means. When watching the inauguration today and listening to him speak I was just speechless just to see him stand there with his head held high just waiting patiently to bring this country to where it needs to be. I will do any and everything in my power to represent myself and my race in the best way possible because I can do anything through God who strengthens me. OBAMA FOR MANKIND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment